Saturday, November 5, 2011

Susie, Uranda, & Stella #8


Susie, Uranda, & Stella #8, originally uploaded by debifitz.

pastel on pastelmat
private collection
actual size 19"X26"

http://www,djfitzgerald.com

It is done. Have have shown it to the client and they ordered a giclee! Very happy about this! I was kind of nervous because of the new paper and having so many photos to work from. The photo of Susie was taken 2 years ago with a different horse and dog. They decides to change both the horse and dog! I took the photos of the Uranda last march. And Stella was from a photo Susie took from her cell phone! They tragically lost Stella and she really wanted to have her in it. Luckily it all worked out! I love it when it all comes together! I really enjoyed this paper although it took some time to get used to. I am looking forward to doing another project on it without dry mounting. Hoping I will like it that much more! I think I ended up with a layer or two less by dry mounting it. I have sprayed it with fix and banged it around a little to make sure that the pastel is not going to fall off!!! It does smudge quite easily though. Actually as I am typing this I see something I need to touch up... the pine straw under the pine trees on the right needs to be toned down some! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment