Monday, November 7, 2011

Frances' Boys Pastel #1


Frances' Boys Pastel #1, originally uploaded by debifitz.
pastel on pastelmat
private collection
actual size 18"X22"

http://www.djfitzgerald.com

This is another pastel progression that I am doing on Clairfontaine pastelmat. The size is 18"X22". I actually started this one on a piece of velour board. But I so enjoyed my last project on the pastelmat, that I started this one over on the other sheet that I had unfortunately dry mounted... evidently a big NO NO! I just got an order of 5 large sheets of the pastelmat after I had already started this piece. The other wonderful thing about this paper is that it comes in a larger size 29"X40"! I have a portrait commission coming up soon for 6 horses! I will need that larger size! This is also the first time I have worked on a surface this dark. I had to use a white pastel pencil for the drawing. I will have to get a white lead pencil... the pastel is just a little too soft for drawing details.
Oh, and the Frances of "Frances' Boys Pastel" is the women riding the horse in the oil painting in the header of my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment