Saturday, October 29, 2011

Susie, Uranda & Stella #3


Susie, Uranda & Stella #3, originally uploaded by debifitz.

pastel on pastelmat
private collection
actual size 19"X26"

http://www,djfitzgerald.com

One of the things I am loving with this paper is the ability to make fine details. I am using pastel pencils more here while working on Susie's face... so much easier than having to keep pastel sticks sharp. And I have such a large collection of pencils that I really have not been able to use on the suede or velour... they just have more punch on this surface. This profile would have been so much more difficult on the velour/suede surface. And again I am using my kneadable eraser for blending... such a great little tool! Depending on how I use it it can either erase or blend. I have even used it to add color to a tight spot. It is also great for working the edges of color.

No comments:

Post a Comment