Sunday, September 11, 2011

Aiken Steeplechase #2


Aiken Steeplechase #2, originally uploaded by debifitz.
Second day.... Still working on the back ground. The jump had a banner for an Aiken bank... I guess I could have put it in... maybe the bank would have purchased the painting if I had!!! But this is suppose to be for the Aiken Triple Crown... so I decided to go with that. Not so good with lettering... I was always the one everyone would go to for making posters as a kid... because I was artistic... but I have never been really good at lettering. There is definitely an "art" to it. I probably just don't have the patience for it. But I am happy with this so far. And the crowd was a new experience for me. I sort of made them up as I went along. I don't want you to really look at them anyway... just to know they are there for the event. I do like the colorful band that runs horizontally through the painting... the tents, crowd and jockey silks. I think it is fun! And that is what I think the whole event is!

No comments:

Post a Comment