Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Sweetie #1


Sweetie #1, originally uploaded by debifitz.
pastel on PastelMat
private collection
16"X20"

www.djfitzgerald.com
www.facebook.com/D.J.Fitzgerald.Art

Background... It was decided to do something from the garden for the background since her husband did all the gardening... of course I did not think to take any photos of their garden while I was there. By the time we had decided to do Sweetie as a gift for Christmas, it was fall and the garden was pooping out! My client sent me some photos that she had taken to give me some ideas. There was one photo with a stone walk and a bed of periwinkles. The flowers and leaves were on their way out... but I had other photos of the blue variety. No problem... the blue will become pink! As I was playing with it, I decided to stylize the flowers a bit.... sort of reminds me of wall paper. It was fun to not have to make them totally realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment