Tuesday, November 6, 2012
Lily Done! I don't know if you can see the difference from #12... but she is darker. And I toned down her highlights a tad. Cleaned up the back ground... it can get a bit smudged while working on the subject... Even if I am careful! I am supper happy with the way she turned out! Hope the client is also.
I shipped her out yesterday. I have started using a two day shipping instead of overnite. It has just gotten so expensive to do overnite. The only problem is that it restricts my shipping days.... I don't like to ship over the weekends if possible. I like my work handled as little as possible in shipping and I don't want it to sit in a ware house somewhere over the weekend. The only time I have ever had a problem with FedEx was when I shipped over a weekend... the painting got lost for 2 days! Someone had left it in Orlando! Luckily it was a painting and there is not as much worry as with a pastel. Pastels will flake and are not meant to be bumped around... This paper has been doing very well with out spraying it with a fixative. The one time I did spray a portrait on this paper ( Clairefontaine PastelMat), I had to go back an rework a lot of the lighter areas. It got all these little specks and it looked dirty. Then when I researched the paper some more, I learned that you don't have to spray the work. Sometimes I think papers should come with a few instructions!