Tuesday, July 31, 2012


Will and Claire
pastel on Clairefontaine PastelMat
private collection
19"X26"

This is another pastel that I finished a couple of weeks ago.  I really enjoyed working on this background... sometimes I find that I spend more time on the backgrounds than the subjects!  But I loved playing with the colors in this one!  The only problem I had was that there was a small stump in the foreground that I had to take out... don't know why I did not notice it while taking the photos... actually I do... I am working so hard to get Claire to put her ears up that I did not notice the very small stump!  And it covered up her feet.  So I had to "fudge" a little!  That is a high tech art term btw!   But other than that, I am pleased!

Some good news today!  One of my portraits has been selected to be on the cover of the  American Veterinary Medical Association monthly journal!  Actually I forgot that I had submitted my work to them.  A good friend, who's husband is a vet, suggested that I submit my work... that was 2 years ago!  They try to use a wide variety of art work for their covers... both in subject matter and mediums.  AVMA has published some beautiful cover art.  I am happy to be in their gallery.  Such a nice surprise!  I will post the cover when it comes out in October.

Still working on the large oil painting....  hopefully I will be finished next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment