Monday, December 26, 2011

Ringo


Ringo, originally uploaded by debifitz.
pastel on clairefontaine pastelmat
private collection
actual size 16"X20"

www.djfitzgerald.com


A christmas gift commission... safe to post now! I did not get to take these photos.... fortunately the client is a very good photographer. But I still ended up using 2 photos to get what I wanted. The main photo of Ringo's face did not have much chest on it... so I took it from a different photo. The only other thing I did was to leave off his dog tags and just the tip of his tongue was peeking out. This is also one of the first pastels of this sort that I have done on the Clairefontaine Pastelmat. That is, leaving the paper color for the background. I did add some burnt umber and black to give the portrait some depth and to really make Ringo pop out. I am very happy with the way this one came out and so were the clients! Always a good thing!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's fabulous! I've never tried Pastelmat. I tend to favor Pastelbord. You've achieved such a soft look though, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutley fabulous. The colours seem really subtle and the coat is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Angela! If you like Pastelbord, you will like Pastelmat. Not gritty and it is just amazing how much pastel it will hold. I use a kneadable eraser for a lot of my blending... great for tight areas and fur too... because it does not totally blend.

    Thanks so much Sophie! I have really enjoyed your stacked fabric series!

    ReplyDelete