Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Ruby&Dani


Ruby&Dani, originally uploaded by debifitz.

pastel on suede matt bd.
private collection
actual size 16"X20"

www.djfitzgerald.com

I tried to this one first on white Ampersand pastel bd.... hated it and started over on good old suede. After looking at what I had started on the pastel bd. and the finished piece on the suede, I think one of my main problems maybe the white surface. There were some aspects of working on the pastel bd. that I liked... but I could not get the richness that I like in the dog's fur. And I could not see beyond the little white flecks that were showing thru the black on the boxer. I think I liked the Sennelier le carte pastel card better. This surface was not quite as rough as the Sennelier... but I liked the quality of the color on the Sennelier. I am working on a piece of good old velour now. So far it feels good. I will post that one next...

No comments:

Post a Comment