Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Celina


Celina, originally uploaded by debifitz.

I just finished this one... it is a smaller pastel.... 16"X20". It is of a very nice hunter mare named Celina. The client did this as a gift for a friend. I am pleased with the way it came out. But I am getting frustrated with the suede mat board that I have been using for the last 15 or 20 years now. I don't know if the manufacturer has changed something... but it seems to be harder to get the darker pastels to "take" to the surface. I spend so much time working the surface that it takes some of the joy out of it. I have a couple of samples of paper that I am going to play with. Most of my clients have been drawn to the softness of the pastels on this surface... so I hope I can make the transition to another paper with out to much trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment