Saturday, March 2, 2013

MaryClara & Scout #2


MaryClara & Scout #2, originally uploaded by debifitz.

pastel on PastelMat
private collection
19"X26"

www.djfitzgerald.com
www.facebook.com/D.J.Fitzgerald.Art

I am so happy with this back ground! But I am spending so much time working on them lately! I have decided to start charging for them in my future commissions! Its funny that I have never really been into doing landscapes just for a landscape. But since most of my photographs are taken outdoors, I think it just looks better with them. I know another artist who defines a pastel as a painting when the entire paper is covered in pastel... and it is a drawing if paper is left exposed. I can see that....

1 comment:

  1. Yep, that definition of a painting -v- drawing makes great sense, as does your decision to charge for the very detailed backgrounds you include in your portraits.

    ReplyDelete