Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Usher #3


Usher #3, originally uploaded by debifitz.

pastel on Clairefontaine PastelMat
private collection
19"X26"

Been away for a while... two business trips with two sets of company in between. The trips were good... lots of good photos to work from for clients. I also took a bunch of pics of my friends Ron and Danny for their 2013 calendar cover. I am really excited about the this next one. But I am sworn to secrecy... they want to surprise everyone!

I have actually finished up a few portraits around these trips and will start posting them in the next few weeks. I am working n a large complicated oil painting right now... but I will try to take some progressions of it for future posts.

About this one... three time's a charm! This is the third time I have tried to do this portrait for this client! Through a major comedy of errors... mostly my fault and missed communication and paper malfunction... I have had to do this one 3 times! I will have my finger's crossed for the next 2 days until I hear whether or not she likes this one! And I am going to say a little prayer that it gets there alright... bad karma around this commission!

No comments:

Post a Comment