Saturday, April 16, 2011

Ed


Ed, originally uploaded by debifitz.
pastel
private collection
actual size 9"X12"

http://www.djfitzgerald.com

I did this as a thank you for my best friend from high school days. She had played hostess to me recently when on a business trip. And is going to do so again in a few more weeks. More of a big dog person (I have 2 German short-haired pointers), I was totally surprised by this little doll. She is just the cutest thing I have ever seen! And not "yippie", my main issue with little dogs. But I was informed that this type of pomeranian (tan with black points) is not "yippie". And yes, Ed is a girl... she was so fluffy they could not tell what she was. By the time they could tell she was already Ed. Another one of her little charms is that she is totally camera shy. She took one look at the camera and was blur! We put her on the top of a picnic table to get this shot.

Did this one on Sennelier La Carte pastel card. I had a pad of it to experiment with. Working on this type of piece was fun on this surface... I like that all that squiggly hair came out so well in all the different colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment