Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sara#1


Sara#1, originally uploaded by debifitz.

Pastel on suede mat board
actual size 24"X34"

I decided to do a progression of this pastel because it is a little larger than my usual and it is a little more complicated... and it is a fun one! Not to mention that if I did not do the progression, it would be a while before I post any art work here! I am working on suede again because of the size... I have not found anything I like better than the suede that is this big... so far any way. I am using the warm gray again... it does not seem to have the problems that I had on the "whisper" color.... it takes and seems to hold the color much better. This portrait is a combination of 4 photos... all the subject photos are from the same sitting. The background is from their farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment